Wednesday 26 September 2012

Tasmania day 19


Today we had a little sleep in, yep we stayed in bed till 8am…. Today we had planned to do a few things around Hobart.  First stop was a the Quilted Crow, yep finally I get to visit a Tasmanian patchwork shop. I did try in Launceston, but the once chance I had when I went looking the shop had closed.

Anyway honestly I think I was in there for 30mins and spent $80 and I could have spent so much more. The quilted crow has the best range of wool fabric, I have ever seen.  The quilted crow shop is housed in a gorgeous old sandstone church. I just loved the stained glass windows and there was so many gorgeous pattens.


The quilted Crow


Inside the shop

After my visit to the quilt shop we had a little time up our sleeves so we popped over to a local café for Brunch. Then we headed to the Cascades Brewery. Marc had booked in a midday tour of the brewery, with some taste testing after and


 The cascades brewery


 The gorgeous Mt Wellington in the background

Miss S and I had booked in for the live history tour Louisa’s walk.  In the Live play Louisa’s walk, the two actors take you back in time so you can experience how an Irish immigrant was convicted and sent to Van Deimen's land and her experiences before and after arriving in Van Deimen's land. The play was really great, very moving and the actors really provide you with a good understanding of what female convicts in Australia had to experience. It was very interesting seeing the Cascades female factory site, where all female convicts transported to van deimens land would spend time


The fabulous actor’s from Louisa’s walk


All up it was a much more relaxing day today, which was nice and after my little visit to the quilt shop I was a little inspired and spent a little time sewing in the evening.


Catch you tomorrow

The Knights

1 comment: